Go anywhere ability and toughness mated with big comfort equals a winner.
Kawasaki's Brute Force® 650 4x4i ATV is the hidden gem in the Kawasaki family of V-twin powered sport-utility all-terrain vehicles. It combines a plush ride that is a natural outcome of its front and rear independent suspension with the superb qualities of its four-wheel drive and durable and powerful 633cc engine to be a “win-win” for owners.
Thanks to its 90-degree, liquid-cooled four-stroke powerplant, this ATV will shine under the most grueling circumstances in both low-to-mid range and high rpm ranges and will be ready to answer any requests by its target audience of adventure enthusiasts and sportsmen. The engine has a bore and stroke of 80mm x 63mm, linerless aluminum cylinders based on its big brother's and a lightweight crankshaft.
Less weight is always a good thing, so to keep the pounds off Kawasaki engineers used aluminum in the construction of the front exhaust pipe cover, two-piece center exhaust pipe cover, and the muffler cover. Among the other features designed into the Brute Force 650 4x4i to optimize the power-to-weight ratio are drilled transmission gears to lighten their overall weight.
The chassis has an optimized caster angle for the front A-arms—upper and lower—to provide light and responsive steering as well as excellent ground-following abilities. Shock absorber spring rates and initial preload settings for both front and rear are also set for excellent ride comfort, which was also boosted on the Brute Force 650 4x4i via its softer urethane seat foam cushion.
The Brute Force 650 4x4i gets the power from its V-twin engine transfered to the wheels through a dual range continuously variable transmission (CVT) featuring high, low and reverse. Two- or four-wheel drive is selectable by the rider simply pressing a handlebar-mounted button.
Stopping the 650 4x4i are dual 200mm front discs and an enclosed wet multi-plate rear brake system. The able ATV has a towing capacity of a hefty 1,250 pounds, and it can carry a combined 264 pounds on its front and rear racks.
It may be the slightly smaller one in Kawasaki's stable of IRS-equipped ATVs, but it doesn't sacrifice anything in the “looks” department. Like its brethren, the Brute Force 650 4x4i sports a rugged, take-on-anything appearance with a front guard design that will both attract onlookers and satisfy owners. It can be clad in Woodsman Green, Super Black, Sunbeam Red, Candy Thunder Blue or Realtree Hardwoods Green® HD™ camouflage.
- Engine: Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve
- Displacement: 633 cm
- Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 63.0 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.9:1
- Carburetion: Keihin CVKR-34 x 2
- Transmission/drive system: KAPS, Dual Range with Reverse, 2WD/4WD, shaft
- Front tires: AT25 x 8-12
- Rear tires: AT25 x 10-12
- Wheelbase: 50.4 in.
- Minimum turning radius: 10.8 ft.
- Brakes, front: Hydraulic discs
- Brakes, rear: Sealed multi-disc
- Suspension, front: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment
- Suspension, rear: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment
- Wheel travel, front: 6.7 in.
- Wheel travel, rear: 7.9 in.
- Ground clearance: 10.1 in.
- Fuel capacity: 5.4 gal.
- Track front/rear: 36.2 in. / 35.2 in.
- Length x width x height: 86.4 x 46.3 x 48.4 in.
- Overall height: 48.4 in.
- Rack capacity, front/rear: 88 lbs. / 176 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
- Tongue weight capacity: 88 lbs.
- Dry weight: 606 lbs.
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Super Black, Candy Thunder Blue or REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD™
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 6 Months
- 633cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled V-twin
- All-aluminum cylinders with Electrofusion coating are durable and help the engine produce more power. Using aluminum bores instead of cast iron cylinder liners improves heat dispersion and reduces weight
- V-twin design and oversquare bore and stroke help produce high torque with a broad, user-friendly curve
- 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect primary balance to minimize vibration for rider comfort
Four-Valve Cylinder Head
- Intake ports designed to provide a straight fuel path from the carburetors for improved efficiency and more power
- Four valves provide maximum valve area for optimal flow
- Boosts low-end torque
Twin Downdraft Carburetors
- Twin CVKR-34 carburetors are 2mm larger than the Brute Force 650 4x4 and are mounted in a downdraft position, providing the fuel mixture with a straight shot into the combustion chamber for quicker throttle response
- Large-capacity radiator provides consistent cooling, allowing close engine tolerances, quiet running, and ultimate durability
- Thermostatically-controlled fan keeps engine cool regardless of vehicle speeds
Snorkel Air Intake
- Airbox design provides easy access to simplify maintenance
- Oval-type air filter provides large intake area and reduces dust build-up on the filter
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System
- The drive converter shaft is hard chrome finished for durability
- Shifting timed in higher rpm range for snappy throttle response and class leading acceleration
- Strong CVT belt handles the increased power
- Water drain hole in drive pulley cover prevents mud from clogging release bearing for added durability
- Belt Check indicator lamp is easy to see
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT) is fully automatic
Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Engine brake actuator controller maintains proper adjustment during servicing and maintains reliability of engine brake activation
- Automatically applied under certain conditions to provide engine braking for additional slowing power when descending hills
- Automatically compensates for CVT belt wear to maintain consistent engagement
Exclusive Variable Front Differential
- Allows riders to control the amount of slip in the limited-slip front differential
Electrically “Selectable” 2WD/4WD
- Choose between 2WD and 4WD for changing terrain and applications with the flip of a switch
Independent Front Suspension
- Double wishbone and coil-over-shock absorbers with adjustable preload provide a comfortable ride with 6.7 inches of suspension travel
- A-arm caster angle provides light steering
- Aluminum steering knuckles are tough and feature added protection for the CV boots
- Constant velocity joints at the front wheels have a wide operating range for durability. The joints can also be independently disassembled to simplify maintenance
Independent Rear Suspension
- Double wishbone and preload adjustable shock for each rear wheel provides superior ride comfort and ground following ability
- Torsion bar helps control body roll
Sealed Rear Brake System
- Multi-disk rear brake system is totally enclosed within the rear gear case
- Operates in a sealed oil bath so that the brake is unaffected by water, mud, dust and debris
- Compact design provides more ground clearance at the rear end
- Thermoplastic olefin bodywork has a high gloss finish for great looks and is more scratch resistant than polyethylene plastic so it stays looking good longer
- Dual compartments on the front fenders provide convenient storage. Optional storage cylinder at the rear matches the muffler shape for a sporty, balanced appearance
- Comfortable, upright seating position combined with the independent rear suspension for a luxurious ride
- Wide seat for increased rider comfort
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250 lbs. towing capacity is standard equipment
- Digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip meters, clock, hour meter and fuel gage are mounted at a steep angle and has a visor to make the meter more visible from the upright seating position
- Tire and wheel design provides an integrated look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb traction